Sunday, September 18, 2011

New York State of Mind

I've fully recovered from the marathon in Colorado Springs over Labor Day.  My attention now turns to one of the so-called "Marathon Majors," the ING New York City Marathon.  It's one of, if not the most popular marathon in the world, with hundreds of thousands of applicants per year.  I've applied for entry every year for the last four years through the lottery system.  Runners who don't get in the first three tries are guaranteed entry the fourth year. This is my year.

The other "Majors" are Chicago, Boston, Berlin, and London.  Of these, London is the only one I haven't done.......yet.

I've looked forward to running NYC for a very long time, and hope to run my best race in a while.  I'm shooting for 4:00, which will mean I'll have to cut an hour off my Labor Day time.  Lots of intervals, tempo and pace runs between now and the first Sunday in November!  Yesterday I did a nice 6 mile pace run at 9:15/mile and I'm heading out to to an easy 12 today.  NYC, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment