Monday, November 26, 2012

#24--New Hampshire Marathon

Bristol, NH
October 2, 2010
4:47:55

This race was run on my 6 year wedding anniversary.  My wife is gracious and understanding enough to accept that trips where I spend 5 hours running are a great way to celebrate our anniversary!

I had never been to New England during the fall, so this did seem like it would be a fun trip.  It certainly was.  We stayed in Bristol, which is a small town 100 miles or so from Manchester.  We found a Bed and Breakfast place that didn't mind us bringing our 9 month old son.  Of course, they stuck us in the coach house out back!

The race was run around Newfound Lake in Bristol.  It is small race with only a few hundred competitors.  It was cool and overcast with intermittent showers.  The course was a beautiful tree lined journey with endless rolling hills.  I was having some foot problems (self diagnosed as 2nd MTP synovitis--a very common foot ailment) that slowed me down, but the race overall was very enjoyable.  

My time was nothing special, but the trip certainly was.  



No comments:

Post a Comment