Friday, May 24, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day weekend is here and for me, that usually means traveling to a race somewhere.  Not this year, not with a newborn baby at home!  Despite the craziness with a baby girl and her 18 month old and 3 year old brothers at home, I've been able to stay somewhat on track for the next marathon, later this summer in Montana.

Some highlights of Memorial Day weekends past:

1996 Bolder Boulder 10K-my first road race, and the one that hooked me on running
2001 Wyoming Marathon-toughest and slowest marathon I have done, still.  Beautiful, though.
2009 Madison Marathon-the weekend my wife and I found out she was pregnant with our first son.
2011 Vermont City Marathon-relaxing trip with just the adults, while my sister watched Linus.  He still insists on wearing the running shirt that we bought for him at the expo, even though it is so small that it hurts his head to put on and take off.
2012 Bayshore Marathon-Fun family trip with both boys in tow.

Have a fun, safe Memorial Day weekend.  I hope it includes some running!

No comments:

Post a Comment