Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Year in Review

Seemingly everywhere you look this time of year, you find a "Best of 2014" list.  For me, it was a very big year, as this was the year I finished 50 states.  A few highlights:

Hardest marathon--No contest here.  The Trail Triple Crown, Deleware.  This challenging trail marathon with four river crossings took me nearly 7 hours to complete.  Humbling and gratifying.  A great combination.

Most quirky--Day of the Dead Marathon, New Mexico.  One of my favorite races of the year, or of all time for that matter.  Small race, a couple dozen crazies like myself.  Truly a marathon for runners, by runners.

Biggest Disappointment--Not being able to run the marathon in Portland, Maine on my anniversary weekend, a trip I had planned for a long time.

Biggest Surprise--Being able to register for the Mount Desert Island Marathon in Maine, rated the top marathon in the U.S., only two weeks before the race.

Favorite Marathon--Timberline Marathon in Oregon.  This picturesque trail marathon around Timothy Lake was tough, but awesome.  Honorable mention--Mayor's Midnight Sun in Anchorage, Alaska.

Favorite Moment--Running with my wife and kids across the finish line in Las Vegas, and being cheered on by dozens of friends and family members.  I guess that was two moments.  It's my blog.  I can do what I want!

Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment