Saturday, October 1, 2011

Running Gear, Vol. III

The days are getting shorter, so that means more running before the sun comes up or after it goes down.   I do a lot of my runs on poorly lit trails.  To avoid accident and injury, it's important to have the proper gear.  You need to make sure others can see you, and that you can see where you are going.

1. Wear light colored clothes.
2. Reflective gear is preferred.  A lightweight reflective vest is a great choice.
3. Carry a lightweight flashlight or invest in a headlamp.  I recently purchased the Black Diamond Sprinter LED headlamp.  I love it.  The position and intensity of the lamp are easily adjustable, it fits well around my head, and has a rechargeable battery.  There is also a tiny red strobe light on the back.  I bought mine at Rei.com

No comments:

Post a Comment