Sunday, February 24, 2013

No Time to Taper

With my next double marathon weekend 3 weeks away, I haven't had much time to recover from Myrtle Beach.  I took two days off after the marathon before resuming training.  I ran 2 easy miles Tuesday and 3 on Thursday, and did boot camps Wednesday and Friday.  The week could be called one of "active recovery."  This weekend I ran 12 miles Saturday and Sunday each.  These back to back long runs prepare you mentally and physically to go out run a long distance when despite being sore and tired.  This week I'll do 4 and 5 mile runs during the week.  Next weekend I'll do back to back 20 milers and then taper for the double.  I joked with my wife the other day that I have been sore since 1998.  While not exactly true, it's not much of a stretch, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment