Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Training Update

I think I am ready for my second "Double Marathon Weekend" in the last 6 months.  This weekend I will travel east to run a marathon on Saturday in Virginia and North Carolina on Sunday.

My training has gone well.  Two weeks ago I ran back-to-back 20 milers to get ready for this, and those went well.  The 20 mile run on Sunday was only 1 second per mile slower than Saturday.  My toughest training run was an 8 miler this past Sunday at the peak of our snow storm in Lincoln.  It was basically 8 miles of high knees through drifts as high as a foot, with gusting winds up to 30 mph.  When I reached my four mile turn around point, the shoe prints I had just put down in the snow were already covered up!

I feel like I am in good shape for this challenge.  Boot camps have helped a lot with my strength and ability to recover (Thanks to Steve, at Good Life Fitness!) and I've been able to shed a few pounds, which always helps.

I'll have updates from the road this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment