Monday, August 29, 2011

Running Gear, Vol. I

One of my favorite things about running is it's simplicity.  You can do it anywhere, you don't need a field or court, and you don't need lot of expensive equipment to enjoy the sport.  As my barefoot running posts show, some runners don't even need shoes!

Having the right gear, however, can make the activity more enjoyable.  For a long distance runner, one of the basic necessities is some sort of hydration.  In general, on any run over an hour I always take a water bottle.  On a really hot day, I'll take it on even shorter runs.

For years, my favorite water bottle and belt is made by Ultimate Direction.  The belt fits on your low back and does not bounce around like some belts.  The horizontal holster makes for very easy access, and the bottle itself does not leak.

If you are in the market for a new water bottle and/or belt, I highly recommend it.

Here is a link to the company website.  They have many different bottles, belts, and packs based on your individual needs and preferences.


http://www.ultimatedirection.com/product.php?id=19&page=trailwaistpacks

No comments:

Post a Comment