Saturday, August 13, 2011

Thunder Run 2011

Today was the 2011 Thunder Run.  It was a perfect day for a race-sunny and not too hot.  This is a unique race run on the airport runway.  This makes it seem much longer than a 5K, in my opinion.  Over 400 runners participated in the 5K, another great turnout for a Lincoln Track Club event.

I've been doing some speed work of late, and the 3 weeks of boot camp have me feeling stronger and faster.   I used today's race as a tempo workout.  I jogged an easy mile before the race, and then hovered around the 7:45/mile pace during the 5K before finishing with a mile cool down afterwards.  My time for the race was 24:26.

I don't run many 5Ks, but it is probably one of my favorite distances.

I'm doing an easy 12 miler tomorrow.  Next weekend I'll peak at 20 before tapering before the next marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment