Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day Thoughts

I started out the day with a nice 9 mile run on the MoPac trail.  After a couple of light weeks, I'm building my mileage base back up.  I spent the rest of the day relaxing and being spoiled by my wife and son.  

My job keeps me away from my family more than I would like, so I feel guilty leaving them to go on a long training run on the weekends.  I'm lucky to have a wife who understands my compulsion.   She knows that running makes me a better person--a better husband, dad, surgeon, and friend.

When my son is old enough to understand what it means to run a marathon in all 50 states, I hope he will be proud of me.  I also hope that he learns to dream big, set lofty goals, and to work hard to make his dreams a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment