Thursday, October 30, 2014

#36--ING Hartford Marathon

Hartford, CT
October 13, 2012
4:27:52

This was the first leg of my New England Double.  I finished the Hartford Marathon in under 4.5 hours.  I thought I would finish in 5 hours, because I wanted to run very slowly.  I felt great though, and didn't feel at all like I pushed myself too hard.

I arrived early and was able to rest the entire day before the race.  The expo and pre-race pasta dinner were both excellent.  Race day was perfect, with sunny skies and temperatures in the low 50s, with virtually no wind.  The course was generally flat.  The start was in front of the state capitol.  The course  left downtown Hartford and left briefly, returning to downtown along the Connecticut river before heading out into East Hartford and South Windsor.  At mile 17 the runners turned around and headed back downtown to finish underneath the iconic memorial arch outside the capitol.  

I grabbed my finisher's medal and a couple bottles of water and some food before hopping in my rental car and heading to Rhode Island, where I would attempt to run another full marathon the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment